“The number one benefit of information technology is that it empowers people to do what they want to do. It lets people be creative. It lets people be productive. It lets people learn things they didn’t think they could learn before, and so in a sense it is all about potential” .These words by Steve Ballmer defines the revolutionary effect of information technology in this decade primarily known as the “ERA OF DIGITIZATION “
Let’s look into some key facts and figure, catalyzing the change.
– Around 66% of the data is generated and consumed by the consumers.
– Smartphone subscribers are growing at a rate of 20% per annum, fastest growing markets are China, Brazil, India and Indonesia.
– Increasing population owning the smartphone and sensors, uploading the real time data.
– Emergence of more data and more transparency would involve more patterns and complexity leading to more sophisticated and smart technologies.
– Tablet sale grew by 52% , leading to early stage rapid development
– The data traffic for mobile is growing at a staggering rate of 88% and is expected to increase.
– Quarter 3, 2013 witnessed 315 Million smartphones shipped
– Smartphones still have massive growth opportunities at 30% of the 5.2B mobile phone user base
– Tablet shipments are growing much faster than PCs ever did at 52% in 2013.
– 2012 witnessed 14% of web usage from mobile. To our surprise the number is 25% in a year, indicating the major data uptake.
If you are blown up from these facts, keep your fingers crossed for our next update on how Healthcare, Education, Social Media and E-commerce is shaping up our industry